Monday 29 March 2010

There's More to Life than Just Knitting, There's Also Thinking about Knitting

So a couple of weekends ago, I was up in London visiting a friend, who works at Aquascutum. Now besides the amaaaaaaaaaaazing discount and thus wardrobe she has, she also just makes incredibly good research for me. You may remember this look from a recent-ish collection:


This hot little number is a sample of everything (in my mind) that is right in fashion. Kid Rock once said, "all you need to make a good music video is a couple of hot blondes, a Harley, and an American flag." Just three small things to make something perfect. Well, I completely agree and in the same vein, all you need to make a good knitwear piece is some fringe, cables, and chunky yarn. Is that so wrong? I think not. So this piece inspired me to make the following: It is a work in progress so this is just a preview for you:






No comments:

Post a Comment