Wednesday 3 March 2010

Week 6? 7?? -- This is Captain Jean Luc Jacquard of the Starship Knitaprize... lower your needles.

What week is this? I don't even know anymore, I'm in messy tangled daze of lambswool, a crazy sleeved sweater that has no end, plane tickets, visas or lack thereof, financial crises, why the hell does it cost £52 to graduate? (this does not include the robe, which you HAVE to wear, or any photos. But it does include 1 glass of champagne. Cava. That's like Andre for us Americans. And don't get me wrong, most of you know I love Andre, in fact, I introduced many of you to my good friend years ago. But Andre is not worth £52 ($78.13 USD). The most I've ever paid for it was $23, $20 for the taxi driver to go get it for us and $3 for the BOTTLE of Andre. Can I at least get a glass of Veuve?).

I think it's weeks 6 (free week) and 7.

Which means that I've learned how to make jacquard fabrics on my knitting machine. This has opened a WHOLE NEW WORLD for me. (don't you dare close your eyes). I spent at least 2 days of week 6 trying to plot, "I Survived Snowmaggedon 2010" on a punchcard so I could knit it up. (Darn Brits tainting my American vocabulary. jumper = sweater.) This was supposed to be 1 of the 2 knits of the week but alas, there is not enough time in the day. I actually made swathes of samples this week, but I'm becoming increasingly paranoid about people (like Urban Outfitters who I know comb blogs and Etsy looking for ideas) "borrowing things." I feel iffy already about my knitted snowmageddon top. WORK CITE. Plus, I'm on to something here and it's going into the Fall Winter 2010/11 collection. Here some of my skanky ideas. You can have these Urban.


No comments:

Post a Comment